A dvd movie I created, hope you like it!

Monday, February 18, 2008

Help Build A Skateboard Park For Kids

The kids have no place for skateboarding!





Updated: June 21, 2010




:


The kids still have no place to skate board in Gold River, BC Canada, if you can help us with designing, getting the materials, and building the skate board park let us know asap. Gold River is not that big of a town, it's a remote place. The kids get out of school soon and all the more reason to get the skate board park built so they can have fun.

I'm helping the kids get a skateboard park, because as a kid I never had anything. Nor could I do what they did, because I was born with club feet, and deaf in both ears. I had series of operations on my feet and ears, and now I walk and hear like everyone else.

Now I go around helping people, and one project I'm working on is helping kids get a skateboard park built. The kids approached the Village Council of Gold River (City Council) and the Village Council said they don't have the funding for a skateboard park, so they can't help build a skateboard park.

I never had a skateboard park when I was a kid. Just because my generation was without a skateboard park, doesn't mean this generation is to do without. That's why I was asked to see what I could do to get a skateboard park. So I'm turning to you, if you can help build a skateboard park, let me know. We need to start on the planning, sketching, getting the materials, then physical laborers to build it.

Update
February 25, 2010

Sorry about not updating, I have now two computers, we like to thank those that helped us!

March 23, 2008

Both my computers went on me, one computer the motherboard fried, got hot and burnt, so need a new one. The other computer I'm trying to reformat it, but it doesn't seem to be working. My windows 98 cd is scratched, need a new one. If you can help us get a computer let me know asap.

February 13, 2008

Insurance for the skateboard park is a topic over here in Gold River, BC Canada among some people. Who pays for it, who is responsible for it, etc. If you know what the process of insurance for the skateboard park, let me know by email: skateboardteam@hotmail.com

I have had a few response to our request to help build a skateboard park for kids in Gold River, BC Canada. Some people have said that in their community they have the same problem of getting a skateboard park built.

Just need to talk to someone that has the expertise of building the skateboard. We want a small area skateboard park where they have small hills, and ramps, etc.
If you want to be help us out, let me know by email: skateboardteam@hotmail.com



Let us know if you can help.  You can also register with us to let us know that you want to volunteer:

Registration



We also need a place to hold our fund raising dinner for the skate board park!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi,nice blog................